Sunday, January 11, 2015

This week offers more "New Beginnings"

With 2015 still feeling shiny and new have you made resolutions? Have you tried anything new? Our Challenge theme this month is "New Beginnings" -a whole New Year of possibilities!

Let's see what our talented and diverse contributors have been inspired to do for their New Beginnings in Week 2 this week.


New Home
12x18 canvas - tissue crumpled for background, painted and glimmer misted. Houses made of chipboard decorated using various colours/techniques. Tall posh house in amongst derelict looking buildings. Posh house has coloured trees/grass whilst the others have dead ones.



Hi, its Lynne here with my New Year's Resolutions to: 1. Be more organized; 2. Take better care of myself; 3. Finish unfinished projects from years gone by; and 4. No more melt-downs. For my project to be a constant reminder of these things, I created a journal and will journal my progress through the year. Stop by my blog for more pictures of the beginning of this journey at Her Craftiness.



A Floral themed pocket album that I made for a mother who wanted to gift "something special" to her daughter on her 18th birthday! 18th birthday opens up a NEW world, I am sure you will agree, there will be many New Beginnings.





Happy 2015 everyone! The beginning of a new year means a new inspirational word for this year. I chose "Breathe". In other words... relax, stay calm, take one day at a time. Stop by my blog to view more pictures and information about my project. xoxo Toni




For Anything But a Card New Beginning challenge I decided to re-purpose a mailing box and several cardboard tubes to hold my crafting mats.  Several years ago I made a file box to hold my sketches that would look pretty while sitting on my craft table.  Meanwhile my collection of craft mats were rolled and stored in cardboard tubes . . . nothing pretty about that!  Here is the result, come check out the process on my blog




Hi Everyone! I wanted to do something colorful to inspire you, and also something representing a new year of another wonderful creative journey for all of us. I used one of my new Creative Lovely Sketches. This sweet face is part of a Bonus Set of 3 sketches that I found in one of my journals. I did this picture in my Dylusions Journal... I used oil sticks, acrylics, stencils, collaged papers, and of course my imagination. I hope your imagination runs wild this year, and you have the best creative year ever. Please check out my BLOG for more information on my sketches available, Free Stuff, and also a quick tutorial on this journal page. Thank you! xo




For my project this month, I decided to create an art journal page with a quote that I really like and which I think is perfect for our January theme. The background has several layers of gesso, acrylic paints and Silk Acrylic glazes and I used my newest Stencil girl stencil and some stamping to add some dimension. Do check out my blog for more pictures.



Have you been exploring new themes,
new products or in fact,
finally finding some time to create?

We would love to see what you have been up to.
By clicking on our designers names you will find more
to inspire you... Oh and leaving a little love
while you are there is sweet!

PLEASE

Share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. To be eligible for TOP 3 selection -- Please do us the favor to mention and LINK BACK to this challenge using this permalink provided so that your readers may find us and play along { http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.com/2015/01/a-new-year-brings-new-beginnings-for.html }.  :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight January 25th giving you 3 weeks to play along and ENJOY the creative process! We will share more of our Design Team's creations each Sunday to keep you inspired.


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Am just loving the colorful spread this week. We'll done ladies. ..To New Beginnings. ..cheers.

    ReplyDelete