Sunday, April 20, 2014

Butterflies all A-Flutter and Flowers in Full Bloom for Week 3 of Anything But a Card Challenges No. 34

Good Morning and Happy Easter Sunday Everyone! Welcome to week three of Anything But a Card Challenges No. 34... our "Spring Forward" open theme challenge. We hope you enjoyed meeting and getting to know our special Guest Designer Danie May last week {click here to view her beautiful spring creations}.


The current Challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #34 - "SPRING Forward"!! We know Spring is dragging it's feet in arriving as ol' man winter keeps his heels dug in the snow and ice... so we are celebrating the new season with an OPEN THEME!!! Feel free to break out the bright colors and create along with Spring and Easter, or create whatever your muse desires... as long as it's anything but a card!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight April 26th giving you one more week to play along and ENJOY the creative process! We will have a new Artist Spotlight + Mini Challenge next Sunday.

Let's see what part of our DT has created!!

Please click on the designers' name to visit their blog. We hope you’ll take a minute to go see their work up close... and as long as you’re there – please leave them a little love!

In case you missed the announcement on our Fifth Sunday Challenge - we have a new addition to the ABAC Design Team. Please give a warm welcome to our newest addition Brenda Burfeind!

 

Since today is Easter I thought I'd share a cute mini basket with flying butterflies for our Easter Table.  I cut my basket using my Cricut with scraps of butterfly paper.  Using my Amazing Crafting Products, I created a butterfly mold and colored with Sakura Mixers and Alumidust – now I have a cute centerpiece for the Easter dinner table. Please visit my blog for more details.
Incorporating both the "Spring Forward" and "Anything Goes" themes, I thought a nice pendant made out of a watch case would be a nice project! Please visit my blog for more details.
 


I've made a mini-album of inspirational quotes and poems about spring, using the Sizzix Accordian Flip 3D Album die. Background papers included some that were gessoed and colored with acrylics and Dylusions inks. Pop over to my blog to see all the details.


Since the flowers are blooming and the robins have returned, I created a page in my quotes journal featuring both of these. Check out my blog for more details!



I thought I would celebrate the "non" arrival of spring here in the North with a couple of ATCs with these lovely stamped flowers which I have layered over a Fresco Paints/Grunge Paste background.  If I could I would have white flowers and greenery all over the garden! but I just have to  be thankful for whatever grows! Please see the details on my blog.



Renovating is giving us many opportunities to jazz up and change our decor. The fresh colours are going to make me happy each time I see this bargain find. See what I did and learn the details on my blog.

***********************

We hope our designers have you INSPIRED to take some time to be creative!! We can't wait to see your creations and we hope that you will join in and share them with us! Stop back next Sunday a brand new Artist Spotlight + Mini Challenge. Wishing you all a Happy Easter Sunday!

2 comments: